Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Normal Week: trying not to be Trunky

Dear Dad,

My week has been good.  We didn't hit our goal of handing out Book of Mormons.  He did however get a lot of new investigators and meet some new people.  I am getting along great with my companion.  He really want to learn English so I talk a lot of English.  He is a good kid, we still have to work on our teaching unity but that will just come with time.  We are working with a great family, the Manio family.  They love the gospel and always read and they have a great support system.  I love teaching them.  There are some other progressing investigators that are really close to getting baptized as well.  I really like this area.  Now about trunky, if by trunky you mean I think about home all the time, then yes I am very trunky.  It by trunky you mean I don't work, then no.  I am still working hard from the time we go out out to the time we come home.  I am trying my best but it is really hard when I can see the end in sight.

Raton sounds like it was a lot of fun.  It is too bad that there wasn't any unity.  I think with my team and all those I shot with we had unity because we grew up together.

Did you find the muzzle loader?  Also for the scope I was looking at the Vortex Red Dot scope.  I am pretty sure that Sportsmans Warehouse has it.  Also when is the muzzle loader hunt?

Love,
Elder Hatch

It was really good to hear about YHEC.  It sounds like you all had a good time.  You really had a busy week.  My week was not that busy.  Just a normal week.  We did go to an elder's birthday.  That was a lot of fun, mainly because I was with my best friends.  Probably the coolest thing that happened this week is one of our investigators started working with us.  It is awesome.  He really wants to serve a mission.  It is fun working with him.  As we walk he asked us questions from the lesson we just taught.  And he is fellow shipping our investigators and less-actives.  We have a family that we are teaching that are really close to baptism.  The goal for them is August 17.  It will be a really big baptism.  I let you know how it goes.

Other than that not much else happened.  Sorry for the short email, but that is all that I can remember.

Love,
Elder Hatch