Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I could not deny it

I had a good week.  Life is good.  Teaching lots of people.  We are handing out lots and lots of Book of Mormons.  Last week we handed out 21 and this week we handed out 16.  We have had a lot of fun talking to people and giving them the Book of Mormon.  I have had some good experiences and some sad ones in following up with the Book of Mormons we handed out.  Both have strengthened my testimony.  The good ones make me happy when some one is accepting the gospel and receiving the blessing of the gospel.  The one that don't go so well still build my testimony just because even though they are rejecting the gospel and sometime tearing down our church, it doesn't phase me because I know that what I am teaching is true.  There is nothing that can change that.  This week I have really come to understand the saying by Joseph Smith "I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it"  I know at least in part how Joseph Smith felt.  I also gained a new perspective on the Plan of Salvation.

I am glad to hear about the 4th of July,  I celebrated it here.  The package you sent arrived just in time.  My 4th of July lunch was closer to a Thanksgiving Dinner that a 4th of July lunch but the important thing is I celebrated the 4th.  We sang A Star Spangled Banner in companionship study.  It was good minus the fireworks and family.

Next week is Transfer Week.  It will be less crazy and I will probably not be transferring.  I will let you all know what is going on.  I will email on Tuesday.

That is every thing that has happened this week.

Love you,
Elder Hatch