Monday, April 29, 2013

New Companion

That is crazy to think that you guys are already almost done with school.  You guys are about to start summer and we are going to end summer.

It sounds like Nicole and Trevor are enjoying soccer and lacrosse.  I told Nicole that she should think about playing soccer on a competitive team because I think I would have stuck with soccer had I gotten onto a competitive team.  I know the only team I ever tried out for was the most competitive team in the Valley, but I think Nicole would enjoy it and if she starts young, she will be able to get on more competitive teams and play in high school.  I also told Trevor he needs to decide what he wants, lacrosse, YHEC, or both.  I know he can do both and do well in both because Marshall did it.

I am still a zone leader at least until June and maybe until July.  The hardest part about being a zone leader is I only see the member of the zone once a week.  For me it is very hard to help the other elders do better when I am not with them.  I don't know how to help them when I am not with them to see their problems.  But this transfer I am going to try and work with most of the elders in my zone to see what I can do to help them.  I did get a new companion, his name is Elder Tabiliran.  He is from the south part of the Philippines where no foreign missionaries are allowed.  He is just young enough in the mission and I haven't been in a zone with him before that I don't know him very well.  That is a really hard thing most of my companions I have known who they are.  He is also a new zone leader so I am training him on how to be a zone leader.  There are about 180 missionaries in our mission, 35 are sister missionaries. Thanks for the advice.

Oh here is some crazy news for the Philippines,  all foreign missionaries are going to start coming to the Philippines MTC instead of the Provo MTC.

That is really cool that you started running.  I can't run to save my life.  I think I will just stick with Mountain Biking.

Also it is almost the month of May, which means I get to call home!  I will be calling on May 13, at 10:00 am here.  I don't know what time it will be there, but just so you all know and so Whitnee can make sure she doesn't have work. 

I was really glad to hear about Tory's mission call.  I am pretty sure that Bret Cranney is in the Argentina Buenos Aires West Mission.

This week was a little stressful because I had to lead the area.  It is calming down a little bit but it has been really rough for the last few days.  It is always hard to lead but as soon as Elder Tabiliran knows all of our investigators and less-actives it will be fine.  Last week we had a FHE just before Elder Carr left with our favorite family, it was a lot of fun.  We also got 3 new investigators from it, one of our recent converts daughters and the neighbors of our recent convert. Also this week we started a dinner calendar with the ward.  We have a dinner appointment every night this week.  So don't worry Mom I am getting fed well.  The big thing for this week is Missionary Leadership Council (MLC) this Friday.  MLC is the same thing as Zone Leader Council except there will be some sister missionaries there.  Also at MLC all of my mission buddies will be there.

That is all that has happened this week,
love you all,
Elder Hatch