Monday, April 15, 2013

Tracting Trouble

This was a good week.  We had interviews with President Sperry.  Interviews happen every three months.  They are just for President Sperry to see how the Zone is doing and see how each individual is doing.  I really like Interviews.  It just gives me a chance to talk to President Sperry with no distractions.  We also get to here awesome workshops by President and Sister Sperry and by the AP's.  I always learn a lot.
Interviews happened on Thursday, on Friday we went on splits with the AP's.  The AP's are really cool.  I went with Elder Smith and worked in half of our area.  I had a lot of fun and learned a lot.  Elder Smith is the oldest American missionary in our mission.  The cool thing is he hunts in Salina, over in Old Woman (Dad might know where that is).  We just swapped hunting stories, it was a good time.

Conference was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I loved it.  I can't tell you what my favorite talk was because they were all good and it took the whole Conference and bits of each talk to answer my questions.  The main theme that I saw was things in the world are going to get worst and the only safe place is going to be the home.  When I get married I am going to have to do everything I can to protect my home.  It was also reinforce how important the family is.  Also a lot of it was that God lives and loves us, it was said that we are from Heavenly Parents 3 times, and that Satan is real and trying his hardest.

We went tracting a few nights ago.  It was rough.  We knocked on this one door and the owner came out in nothing but a towel and asked us what we wanted in English (not a good sign).  We introduced ourselves as missionaries that had a message about Christ (we spoke Tagalog).  He said that he was busy (still in English).  We asked if we could leave a pamphlet for him to read (Tagalog).  He said that it would be ok (English).  As we were writing our names and number on the back, he asked us what religion we were (English).  We told him Mormons.  Then he says in English, "I don't want it, I really don't want it.  Don't waste my time, or your time."  I had not been rejected so harsh in my whole mission.  So we walk away with our heads down, but as we walked away a lady and her daughter were walking by, so we asked them where they were going (this is all in Tagalog).  She said she was just going up the street to buy something.  Then she asked us what religion we were.  We told her, "Mormons".  Then she said that she was a member, but hadn't been to church because they had moved and didn't know where the church was.  We gave them directions and everything, we got there address and some time this week we are going to go back to them.  I will let you know how it turns out.

Transfer are next week.  I will be emailing on Tuesday (here) and Monday (there).  I will probably not transfer.  I will probably get a new Zone Leader and next, next transfer I will step down.  I will let you know what all goes on with transfers.  Also next week I am expecting a good report on YHEC and lots of pictures.

Love you all,
Elder Hatch