Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Fun with friends

First off, I am sorry I forgot to tell you that this week was Temple Pday.  That is why I am emailing now.

I had a pretty good week.  Our ward just started a dinner calendar, which means we have dinner every night.  It is always good food and a good time with the members.  Also the best day of the month happened last week, Mission Leadership Council (MLC).  MLC is Zone Leader Council with Sisters.  Because of all the sisters going on missions the Missionary Department created a new calling to help in the work and train sisters for future callings, but that is not why it was the best day of the month.  It was the best day because all of my friends are Zone Leaders.  We all just hung out at the Mission Home for a few hours and ate lunch.  Then since we are all close to going home, we all shared our plans for after the mission and how we were going to stay in touch.  It was a really good time.  Other than that it has just been a regular week.  I am just trying to keep my feet moving.  It is not that I want to be done it is just that I am so tired.  Thanks for your prayers they are lifting and carrying me.  As for my companion, he is a great guy and an excellent teacher.  The best part of getting a new companion is first, change, second, a new look on the area, and third  learn different ways to teach.  Down sides of getting a new companion, zero companionship unity, it takes time to figure out.  Different teaching styles, it is really hard at first and can be for the whole time if they are really different styles. Lastly you r last companion just became your best friend and now he is gone.  But all is well and I am working on trying to be the best companion I can be.

No one in the Philippines uses toilet paper.  The only time I use it is at the Mission Office or Mission Home.

Yes I will be skyping.  It will will be Monday at 10:00 am here and Sunday night there.  Have some questions ready and I will have some ready for you.  We are going to do it a little different this time, I will explain it when I call.

Love you so much,
Elder Hatch