Monday, August 27, 2012

My New Area

That is really weird to think that every one is out on their mission.  It is really great to hear that they all did it.  It is also weird that I won't see them for 3 years and Tory for maybe 4.

Ah school, I don't have to worry about that for a long time.  I remember Spring Creek and South Cache.  Good times. That is were I found a lot of my friends there.  But nothing beats MOUNTAIN CREST!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Right Whiters?  I do not miss school. It is great out here; no school, no worries.  I am sure you will all get back in the groove of things.  We always did.

Answers to the questions:

My area is great and huge, but the smallest in the zone.  The best way to describe my area is like Avon.  A central town and farms everywhere else.  It takes forever to walk from one appointment to another.  That is my area. Just think of two missionaries walking around in Avon and Paradise and that is what my companion and I are doing every day.  We live in an apartment. It is the biggest apartment I have lived in, but it is just the two of us. It is a nice apartment, but we need to clean.  Oh by the way, thanks Dad, for teaching me how to clean dishes.  Most of the houses that we teach in are cinder block houses, but we do teach in a few bamboo huts.  As for the weather it is rainy season here so it rains almost every day, but most of the time it is just a light rain.  Only when a Bagyo (Hurricane) comes through is when there is a lot of rain.  I am sure that there are a lot of storms but since we can't watch the news we don't find out until we have to work through the Bagyo.  There are little shops every where. We have a pretty big market next to our house.  For the food, Elder Wilson is an excellent cook so we cook a lot of our food.  He cooks, I clean.  I did learn how to make Adobo, so you will all have to try it.  I have someone who washes my laundry and he is Endowed so he can was my garments and it only cost me 1000 pesos per transfer. it is a great deal.  We do have a church but we are only a branch so it is really small.  Only about 40 people are active.  So we have a lot of work to do.  Our Branch President's wife knows how to play the piano so we are good there.  It is a lot of fun our here in Bustos, even though we are forever away from anything.

The best way will probably be for you to print them then mail them to me because it is really expensive to print here.  Contact solution is fine.  I found some stuff that only costs 59 pesos (thats a little more than a dollar)  With my contacts, I have not opened the second box.

Could you get me: Larry's address, Joel's address, Taunie's address, Tory's address, and Chris' Mission address.  I need to write them some letters.

Thanks for all your support.  I had a great week.  Love you all.

Elder Hatch