Monday, August 13, 2012

Happy Birthday

Ok. I had a crazy week.  When I emailed you last time, the floods hadn't really started.  From Wednesday morning until Friday morning our area was flooded way bad.  It was up to  my thighs.  In the other part of the ward it was up to the chest.  We spent three days in the  Zone Leaders house.  We couldn't go out to work because of the floods.  Those three days were the most boring and longest days on the mission.  I really missed the work.  Our Transfer meeting was moved to Friday because the entire mission was flooded.  A lot of missionaries were stuck in their apartment with no power for those three days.  All we did was play cards and watch church movies.

At transfer meeting, I was called to serve in the Baliwag Zone as a Zone Leader.  Baliwag is our furthest Zone.  I am in Bustos, Bulacan.  My companion is Elder Wilson.  He is from Arizona near Mesa.  I really don't think that I am ready to be a Zone Leader.  I mean I just got done training.  But the Area is really cool and green.

I don't have any plans for my Birthday.  I was going to have a really big FHE but it was canceled because the family has school and work.  So we are just having a nice pday.  Oh, here in the Philippines, it is backwards, here, the person whose birthday it is pays for every one to eat.  Not everyone pays for the person on his birthday like in the states.  So I had to buy a few elders some Buko Shakes (Coconut Shakes).  That is my Birthday; Transferred, became a Zone Leader, and bought some Buko Shakes.

I have not gotten my birthday package.  The last package I received was the battery charger.  I have no idea how long it takes to get here, but we get mail delivered to district meeting every two weeks.  So that's how often I get mail.  So I usually get one or two letters from grandma.

Sounds like you all had a blast at the fair and it was a good learning experience.  I hope Trevor keeps doing it so I can help out and hang out at the fair all day.  It was also good to hear about Levi and Joel and how they are doing.

Love you all,
Elder Hatch