Wednesday, August 8, 2012

It's Raining, It's Pouring

No one talks about the Olympics here.  It is all about the Philippines Basketball Finals right now.  I have heard that the US and China are in the top spots but that is about it.

This week it has rained almost everyday all day.  A lot of the zones are flooded.  Our house is fine we are on the top floor, but some of the other elders had to leave there house because the flood was getting really deep.  It has been a slow week because of the weather.  We hardly got any work done.  It is really hard to stay home all day and do nothing.  I try to study but you can only do that for so long before you eyes and brain just can't take it.  I just love the work.  It is the best time of the day.  About the work, we just started teaching a french man and his wife who is a filipina.   It is very hard to teach in English.  I forget a lot of words or how to say certain things, so every one just laughs and so do I.  I have about three families that I hang out with or that are my favorite families, they are the Macam family who were a less active and part member family but now are active and all members, the Bishop's family, they are just way cool and I can speak English to them, and the Esling family, they are a way fun family that feeds us every Sunday and our Ward Mission Leader just returned from his mission in April.  It is all just a good time.

I am glad to hear about Chris and his family.  It sounds like they have really changed a lot.  Make sure and tell them hi for me.  And tell Chris that he is doing the right thing.

Transfers...I am the only one in the entire Zone that is transferring.  Granted a lot of elders are training so they still have another transfer together.  It is just weird that I am the only one.  We don't know if Transfer Meeting is still on or not due to all of the flooding, but hopefully by Monday I will know who my companion is and where I am at.

Oh by the way what wall all in my last package with the battery charger?

I also need you to look up some talks on lds.org and send them to me.  Here is the list:

"Deny Yourselves of All Ungodliness" Neal A.Maxwell, Ensign May 1995
"The Power of the Book of Mormon" President Hinckley, Ensign June 1988
"If Ye Be Willing and Obedient"  President Hinckley, Ensign July 1995
"The Price of Discipleship" James E. Faust, Ensign April 1999
"To a Missionary Son" Dennis B. Neuwnschwander, Ensign November 1991
"The Value of Work" J. Richard Clarke, Ensign May 1982
"The Returned Missionary" L. Tom Perry, Ensign November 2001
"Letter to a Returned Missionary" Charles A. Didier, Ensign November 1997
"Remember Who You Are" N. Eldon Tanner, Ensign November 1981
"The Challenge to Become" Dallin H. Oaks, Ensign November 2000

Love you all.  Sorry not much has happened due to the rain.

Elder Hatch