Monday, September 3, 2012

Travel time


This week has been kind of slow, because of all the things we have had to do.  We had district meeting up in San Miguel on Tuesday, which is an hour ride to get there.  We had Zone Conference on Wednesday, which is a 3 hour ride. Weekly planning on Friday. Saturday was a rough day. Almost all of our appointments fell through, and Sunday we had church.  Zone Leader is not too hard, but all the problems come to us.  I had to help some elders with a question about when an investigator could get baptized.  I also had to give a 45 minute workshop at Zone Conference. That was just a little stressful.  I realized why RM's are so good at speaking when they get home, because we teach all day, we have to talk in church, and we have to give workshops.  My companion is good, with him being an American we talk a lot about the differences between America and the Philippines.  I don't know what I better a Filipino or an American as a companion. There are pros and cons to the both of them.  It is really hard to think of things that are exciting now; it is all just kind or normal to me.  I have eaten almost every kind of Filipino food and all of it is really good  This week we taught an investigator who is a part member family.  It is really hard to teach  him because he has a really short attention span.  I mean, I can't blame him, he is only 10. We finally got through to him to get him excited about the scriptures.  We had the Gospel Art book. We asked him which picture he liked the best, then we gave him the chapter in the Book of Mormon to read and find out about it.  I will let you know how it goes with him.

Love you all and thanks for the updates and addresses.  I would write a little more but this key board is not cooperating with me right now. sorry.

Love
Elder Hatch