Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Good Plan

I didn't have to give my talk in sacrament meeting.  I was both relieved and sad.  I would have had to give it in Tagalog.  Which wouldn't have been too bad. I could use some of the time to translate from English to Tagalog.  It was supposed to be on how to build one's testimony through learning basic doctrine, accepting callings, and attending Sunday school.  I think it would have been ok.  At least now I have a talk prepared in case I am ever asked to give one on the spot.
 
What?  Brother Garbanati is released.  Phil and Bob will do great with the young men.  They know what's up and the young men will listen to them.
 
I email Shalya and Marshall if I have time which is about every other week.  When I email Marshall it is kind of how's the mission and what it is like in the states. 
 
Right now, it is supposed to be summer, which is supposed to be super hot.  I think that the humidity is what is changing, because it doesn't feel that hot. I just sweat all the time.  I am use to the heat though.  Right now if it was below 80, I would think it was cold.  In the morning, it is probably around 70 or 75 and I am cold.  It is really weird to think that it is 45 right now over there and it use to feel warm.  We had a pretty good week over here.  We finally hit our number for lessons to less actives this week.  I have learned that planning makes the day and the week better.  The day never goes as planned but in planning, I don't get so worried about who we are going to visit.  We have a baptism planned for this Saturday.  I am excited.  We also have baptisms planned for the next three weeks.  I was planting for a long time and now the time to harvest is close.  I really enjoy my mission.  I am learning so much. A lot of it, I wish I would have known before my mission so life back home would have been nicer.  I have come to love the scriptures.  The Book of Mormon has all the answers.  I love reading it.  Personal study is my favorite time of the day.  I hope that you all are reading your scriptures.  They are wonderful.  I am really trying to learn as much as I can now, so I can help my investigators and less actives and for when I get home.
 
I should get an Ensign with the confence talks.  I really liked the CD's of the last conference. A few more CD's of music would be nice.  Around Christmas time I would like some Christmas music.  I have not set up a skype account yet. I will after I get done emailing.  I don't know exactly when, but I think I will be able to skype you guys on Mother's day. Where do you think you will be?  I think I would be really cool if we could do at Grandma Hepworth's house with the whole family.  But it is up to you guys.  Love you all.