Sunday, March 4, 2012

Bear Hunt

With the package whatever you send me will be nice, but the one thing I thought of was pudding packets.  I have been thinking about how Trevor always made it and now with this email he is still eating pudding.  I think that is it with things that I want.  It is more fun to just wait for the package and get the suprise of what is inside.  It is really nice to here stories from home.  Tell Trevor good job and ask if he was shooting with both eyes open.  That picture you have of Treveor and me, from the last day on the farm is one of my favorites.  I almost forgot about that day.
Sounds like Whitnee is having fun in socail dance.  It was fun, of course I had Stu.  The Short that is my age is Tanner, Trenton graduated just before me.  Issac is probably a crazy kid if he is like his brothers.
I think Whitnee told me in an earlier email that you were planning on going to Long Beach.  Its fine and the funny thing is all the other Elder's families are going on vacations too.  I think there are a few things that every missionary experience, pretty much all.  They get dear johned, their family goes on vacation, their car gets sold, and their brother or sister moves into their room.  It is funny we all joke about it happening but don't expect it to happen.  Just make sure to take lots of pictures.
I'm good on shrits.  We found a store here that sells a whole bunch of different shirts for cheap.  I have bought a few.  I am going to try not to pull out any more money until I start buying thing to bring home.  But thanks its good to know that there is a charge.
With the vitamins, the church gives us centurm, in every mission, so tell Sue and Derek that they don't need vitamins.  Tylenol or Ibuprofen are really good things to have, and something for upset stomches, just in case.  He is going to Guatemala.  Also He is going to Levi's mission so you can ask the Bassetts what Levi wished he would have taken.  That's probably the best.
Church is in Tagalog mostly, we sing in English.  I have  a lot of quiet time at the house, I am really getting the moneys worth of the iPod and speakers.  I am learning a lot from the scriptures, sometimes my personal study is not long enough.  My Tagalog is really taking off.  Some of the members are really suprise at how much I know and how much I understand.  But then they mess with me and start speaking Bisayis or Ilicano.  We have some good times with the ward.  There are some members here that remind me so much of members in our ward, it is really funny.  I am in the ward choir.  That is a really good time.  It is nice to just relax and build relationships with the members.  This week we are planning on contacting a lot of referrals from the members.  This week is going to be a good week.  Oh last week we had family home eveing at a members house and I was put in charge of the games.  I did not know any so guess what I did.  The "I'm going on a bear hunt" from the Murri family reuion the one Jason always does.  It was so much fun.  Right now I am working on translating it to Tagalog.  The family we did it at know a lot of Engilsh so we had a good time.  Once I get it translated I will start doing it at other FHE.  That is the most exciting this this week.  I am trying to step up a time that I and the ward can play basketball.  The national sport is basketball.  They love it.  They are a lot of fun to play ball with.  On Saturday there was a ward activity so we went.  I played basketball with the kids we mostly just took turns shooting, then some of the priests and elders from the ward came and I started playing with them.  It was way fun. We played for a good 40 minutes.
There are some stories from this week, I will have more for next week, and hopefully some pictures.
I love all of you.
Love Elder Hatch