Monday, March 12, 2012

Learning Tagalog


What? We are getting a new bishop?  That is crazy!  I kind of wish
Bishop would stay till I got back, but oh, well.  My guess is Brother
Garbonati.  Make sure you tell him I said so.

Sister Beth has been busy but we are planning on eating out with her
this week.  My companion is good.  I have gotten to the point to where
I can understand most of what he says, and I can respond in Tagalog
most of the time.   At first I didn't know how he was going to be: if
he was going to be weird or if he was going to be cool.  He is a weird
cool.  He is way funny and we work really well together.  We just have
different likes.  I have fun though.

We taught a lot of people this week.  We also found some new less-
actives.  The hard thing about addresses here is that they don't
really work. Only the people that live in the house actually know their
address.  No one else does.  Some of the members know where people
live, the hard part is getting them to work with us to show us where
they live.  I have planned a few members to work with us this week.  I
have no idea who my ward missionaries are.  That is one thing that I
have learned that I will always fulfill my calling in the church.
Right now, I am trying to strengthen the ward and bring less-actives
back so my baptism numbers are low, but I am happy with where my focus
is.  In trying to strengthen the ward we have gotten more
investigators.  Most of them are progressing but they just don't come
to church.  That is the biggest thing here is going to church.  It is
probably the hardest thing is to let people have there freedom of
choice.  I know that if they would just come to church, a lot of their
problems would go away or they would be able to endure them.  That's
been my week.

Is there no snow in Cache Valley?  I looks warm and cold at the same
time if that makes sense.  I miss grass.  All I see every day is
concrete and black water.  I posted some pictures on the blog so take
a look at them.

I'm glad to hear that you are all doing good and having fun.  Keep
reading the scriptures and praying.  If you do those two things you
will always be happy.

Love Elder Hatch