Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Is my room ready?

I have had a long week this week.  Mainly because our pday was not on Monday, it was moved to Wednesday so we could go to the temple.  Hey how come you didn't tell me there was a new temple video?  Any way, it was awesome, I learned a ton this time through the temple.  I haven't learned that much in a long time.  I am really excited to be able to go to the temple whenever I want and as much as I want.  The temple is such a great place, it is as if the world does not exist.  Also along those lines I don't know if I have told you but being a missionary being in a church building just makes me feel safe.  I am pretty sure that it will be the same when I get home.  I just love going to church or to an activity at the the church.

I don't care when I talk, whenever works for me.  I also would be fine with helping with the Youth.  I really have no preference.  I would like it if you got my room ready for me.  All I am going to do that Thursday is sleep.  I would love to sleep in my own bed. Is Whitnee still sleeping in my room?  My plan for work was that Saturday that I get home to go down to the farm and talk to Larry on what I can do and what I would get paid and for how long.  Then hopefully start that Monday working on the farm.  That was as far as I had planned.  I am sure that Dad is also going to have a lot of stuff for me to do around the house.  Which is fine by me I will have nothing going on for that first month.

I am still with the same companion, he is very excited to be my last companion.  Where he gets all the stuff I don't want to take home.  We have a baptism coming up on September 14 and hopefully September 28.  All of us missionaries have a goal to get a total of 20 people baptized before I go home.  We are always busy trying to get people ready.  We did not move.  The house was too nice, they were afraid that with missionaries in that house for a long time stuff would get broken and the mission didn't want to deal with it.  I personally think it was my fault... I have not had housemates my whole mission.  The Lord does not want me to have housemates.  We had a lot of good lessons this week, and we taught a lot of people that I can't really remember what I taught.  That is the hardest part about teaching so many people is you forget what you taught especially when you teach the same lesson all day, but different parts of the lesson.  I know everyone in the branch and where they live, at least in my area.  The goals for this week are to give out lots of baptismal dates and to prepare for the baptisms.  Not a whole bunch happening here.  Sounds like a lot up where you are all at.  Hope you had a great Labor day.

Love,
Elder Hatch