Monday, September 16, 2013

Banana Katchup & Magic Sarap

That is awesome that Grandma and Grandpa got their call!  I am not surprised one bit that they are on a leadership mission.  Alabama is way cool.  They just look like a senior couple.  As soon as I got on the mission my plan was when I got home to convince Grandma and Grandpa to go on a mission.  But they felt the spirit of missionary work them selves.  I am so happy to see them go on a mission.  I am even happier that I will be able to see them before the go.

That is way cool that Dad baptized you and Nicole.  We did baptisms for the dead once instead of a session.  It was a blast.  They didn't tell me or the elder that was baptizing me how many we had done, so I was baptized 35 times.  I can't wait to come home and do temple work all the time.

I would have loved to help chop corn.  I was really kind of sad to hear that they started chopping but that is way cool that Dad asked to get paid vicariously for me.  I miss working on the farm.

OK the fruit here is really good and fresh, but there are no peaches.  That is the one fruit that I miss most.  I have eaten some crazy fruits but nothing beats a peach.

I will have everything bought by next week.  I hope you all like what I got you.  I haven't told you mainly because I want to see the look on your face.  I am pretty sure you will like the thing I got.  There is one thing I need you to remind me to get, every week, I need to bring home Banana Katchup and Magic Sarap.  Just remind me please.  I am going to try and bring most of my clothes home which isn't a whole lot, 3 shirts, 3 pants, and all the t-shirts that I have had made.  The main thing I am going to leave is my sheets and most of my garments.  I do want to show you all the mission worn things, I also have a plan for some of it.  I have taken pictures of the things that did not make it.  For clothes I should be ok until Saturday, which will be plenty of time to buy some new clothes.

The baptism went great.  We started late because the branch went to do baptisms for the dead and Iglesia had their thing, I will explain what Iglesia is when I get home there is not enough time to describe them.  It was a nice simple baptism.  I was just happy that our investigator family made it to the baptism.  The main goal this week is prepare for the district to become a stake.  We also have a lot of people with a baptismal date on my last Saturday, Oct 5, we will be working hard this week.  This will actually be our hardest week, mainly because it is in the middle of the transfer.

My studies are going great. That is my favorite part of the day.  I love the Book of Mormon.  Nothing explains doctrine better.

Thanks for every thing

Love
Elder Hatch