Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Zone Activity

It was good to talk to you all last week.  It was good to see your faces even if they were a little blurry.  I don't have a lot of time today because we had a Zone Activity, we went bowling.  It was a lot of fun but we had to do it a little later in the day so everyone could get everything done in the morning.  We cleaned a lot this morning so we didn't get much done.  We are also preparing to move.  The ward we are in is getting an additional two missionaries to the four already here.  Wards here are huge but it is just funny to think that our stake just got two missionaries and this ward will have six.

I haven't really thought about why I am here.  However, I do know that I am here for a reason.  I also know that whatever area I am transferred to and how long I stay in an area is for a reason.  Do I know that reason, no, but I willingly go where ever the Lord sends me.  I try not to complain when it seems like the work comes to a halt.  I am here for someone even if that someone is just me.

We get the Liahona every month.  So I might have read what you read but we don't get the whole Ensign or New Era.

Yes we use the pamphlet, more so to help keep track of the principles we are teaching.  It would be interesting to see how the elders back in the states teach.  But even every mission has there own way of teaching.  I hope my teaching doesn't come off as a sales pitch.  I try to just explain the doctrine very simply and let the Holy Ghost do all the converting.

Sorry for the short email.  Love you all.

Elder Hatch