Thursday, January 3, 2013

Sweet experience

Ok first off sorry for the call, there were a lot of people in the computer shop and I wasn't feeling very well.   Don't worry I am good now.  For me being in Bustos...well I'll be ok.  Even President Sperry was a little worried about me for being here for so long.  This area has been a trial of my faith and patience.  Don't get me wrong, I love the members and it is beautiful, but no one progresses and we teach very few lessons.  About it being beautiful here, my camera is acting up.  It keeps saying that the battery is dead when they are fresh batteries.  I am going to try a few more things this week to find the problem, but I might have to buy a new camera.  Which if I do buy one it will be in the next two weeks, so just a little heads up.   Also kind of about the area and the credit card, I thought that shoe insoles weren't that expensive but they are, I will be buying some shoe insoles on Monday with the credit card, another heads up.   One more thing about the credit card, within the next few months I am going to go to the dentist for a cleaning.  Now the cleaning should be fairly cheap, but I will probably use the card.  Now if I have cavities, do you want me to get them fixed here or just wait until I get home?  I don't know which will be cheaper.   About the shirts, it will be easier for me if you just send them to me.

It does not feel like I have been out for 15 months.  The real crazy thing is that Shayla will beat me home haha.  I am starting to feel really old in the mission.  A lot of new elders coming in, I don't know any of their names.  All the old elders that were here just a few months ago, the younger elders have no idea who they are.  Time has flown and it is only going to get faster.

I have heard about the new youth curriculum, but it doesn't effect me so I don't know too much about it.  What I am looking forward to is the area broadcast on January 12.  That is were we will find out what our focus for this year will be.  I am pretty sure that it will still be about less-actives.  It will be a good to hear how we did this year with less-actives.

My companion and I are doing great.  We have a lot of fun.  We talk about the investigators, the area, home, his girlfriend, if there is anybody he can introduce me too when we get home, pretty much we talk about everything.  If it wasn't for him I would be in rough shape right now.  We only eat out once a week and that is on PDAY.  We are good on the peanut butter for a bit, thanks though.

I had one of the sweetest experience I have had on my mission yesterday (Jan 1,2013).  I can't tell you everything because of time and because of what happened, but I will tell you that Heavenly Father knows, loves, and listens to each of his children.  I learned a valuable lesson in following the promptings of the Holy Ghost.  I also learned that if we live worthy then the Lord can use us in marvelous ways.

I love you all
Elder Hatch