Monday, November 19, 2012

Talk in church

Hello family,

I am doing good.  Had a few good days with teaching.  We have a new rule that makes it really hard to teach unless we have members working with us, which very seldom happens here.  We talked to the Branch President and told him about the new rule so that should help with members working with us.  Last night the Elders Quorum President and his wife worked with us to teach a Recent Convert lesson.  It was awesome they taught the lesson and made our RC feel way more comfortable.  My companion and I are working really hard to help this branch.  On Sunday, I gave my fourth talk in this branch and usually I struggle to get 15 minutes, but this time the President Arvee had to slip me the "Your Time is Up" card.  It was really funny.  I was a little upset that they cut me short (I know, me, upset that my time to talk was cut short), because I still had a lot to say I might have been able to go for another 5 to 7 minutes, 10 if I used my extra cross references.  It was a good talk that made the members want to work on it.  I might use that talk for my homecoming talk HA HA. Joke Lang (Just Kidding).  Yes, we did ride a bus to the temple last week.  Buses are really the only way to travel out here in Baliwag.  That is about all that has happened in the area these last few days.

I don't know if I told you, but right now in the zone are my two best friends in the mission: Elder Anderson and Elder Green.  They were both in Caloocan (My first area) with me.  We are having a lot of fun and both of them are the District Leaders, so I get to call them every week and see how they are doing and share the stories for the week.  So sometimes I forget to tell you what has happened because I talk to them first and tell them the stories that has happened, and I can't remember which stories I've told you or them, so sorry.  This has been the happiest transfer so far.

Tomorrow we get mail run.  I might get one of the packages that you sent and I will let you know if I get or not next week.  I know that you already sent my Christmas package but one thing I thought of that you could send was "Hostess: Fruit Pies", the ones that are always in gas stations.  I just ate something that reminded me of them. It was really weird.  It is also really nice to hear and see that the cabinets are up on the wall and they look really good.  Also I really miss the old green couch.

Thanks for all of your support

Love, 
Elder Hatch