Monday, October 1, 2012

Mission Shoes


Sounds like you all had a great week.  I had a good week too.  We had a baptism.  That was a good time.  So our baptism was suppose to start at 5; everyone was there, except Joanne's sister, Jasmine.  Joanne was the baptismal candidate.  Jasmine was going to be the only family of Joanne at the baptism.  We had to wait for her, a baptism only happens once.  Jasmine goes to school three hours away and only comes home on the weekends.  Jasmine got stuck in traffic, so the baptism didn't start until 7.  It was really good though.  It gave the speakers time to write their talks.  Joanne's baptism was the first in a year in this area.  The members were really happy.  It is great to see the fruits of our labors.

That is awesome that the ward is doing a Book of Mormon reading challenge.  That is the hardest thing out here is people don't read.  I know that if we read the Book of Mormon, we will gain a testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel and all problems will disappear.  That is all we are doing now if they didn't read, we read with them.  Reading the Book of Mormon is the only way to become truly converted to the gospel.  It doesn't mean that you need to study the Book of Mormon an hour everyday, but it does mean that you need to read the same amount of time everyday.  Whether it is 5 minutes, 15 minutes, or 30 minutes, it just needs to consistent.  I challenge you to do the reading challenge.  I know it will help you come closer to Christ than any other thing.

About school and coming home, I will just talk to you at Christmas.

About my shoes, I just remember that I think that I have a 2 year warranty on them.  If I do then it would be awesome to get some new ones.  I will send you the pictures and you can see if I can get some new ones.

I found a really great bunch of scriptures about receiving revelation.  It is in Mosiah 26:13-34.  Read over it and tell me what you found out about revelation.
The inside back of my shoes!

The bottom!

"Walk a mile in a man's shoes"