Monday, May 28, 2012

Taglish It!

Alright, so this week I am finally getting settled in to my apartment, but things are still out of place.  It will probably take to the end of the transfer for me to get all set up.  The ward is great. A lot of them speak English. My bishop and his wife (who is from Hawaii), our ward mission leader, and half the ward speaks Taglish.  Back in Caloocan, we always used to joke that you weren't a real missionary until you didn't have a follow-up trainer, but now I think that you don't know what it is like to be a missionary until you have to open an area.  My companion speaks English, Tagalog, and Vesia (What they speak in the southern Philippines).  We Taglish it at the house and Tagalog outside.  This week we planned for splits because there is so much work here.  My goal is to have so much work that the AP's have to split the area.  It has rained every day.  Washing my clothes by hand is really hard and it takes a long time.  I am just thankful that I only have to wash my garments.  My companion cooks so later today we are going to buy some food and we will start cooking at home. We eat at the bishop's house once a week and members feed us through out the week.  The coolest thing that happened this week was Elder Russel M. Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve came to our mission and spoke to us.  I was able to shake his hand and look into his eyes.  It was really cool.  I learned a lot from him.  He taught us in this little chapel so we were really close to him. 

Thats about it that happened over here in the Philippines. A lot of the same old same old.  Training is hard but fun.  I love you guys.  Hope you had fun at the cabin.

Love Elder Hatch