Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Comfortable

The ice fishing looked way fun, even though it looked really cold.  I am going to be a whimp when I get back.  I am already kind of used to the heat here.  There have been a few days where it was maybe 78, but it felt freezing.  I don't know how I am going to be able to take it when I go home.  Because I got here in the winter, I haven't had to use sun-screen.  I think I will just get dark because it is really gradual to where there is more and more sun.

The baptism went great.  We got there and everything was ready. We were good to go, except we didn't have a member of the bishopric.  We had to wait until one of them got there.  Finally the bishop showed up and from there it went pretty smooth.  I was super nervous for the baptism.  I didn't really know what to do.  I mean, I know how to get baptized from baptisms for the dead, but to baptize them; that is a different story.  It was hard to pronounce his name then I was worried that I was going to mess up what I had to say.  Everything went ok.  I didn't have to redo it.  It was a great experience.


I am doing well.  You prepared me pretty well, I am still learning, but I am prepared.  There have been some hard times but nothing huge.  Just mission life and life living on my own.  It is hard but at the same time it is a lot of fun.  Also at the same time I know that it will be one of the happiest days of my life when I step off the plane and I am back home.  I have almost been out for six months can you believe that I feels like I have only been gone for a month or two.  How long does it feel for you guys?  I talked to President Sperry about coming home a transfer early for school.  Some of the elders that are going home said that they were told to not worry about anything back home but in their last transfer President wanted to know their plans.  They were like, we don't have any, so a lot of them were scrambling to make plans.  I figured that I would get it out of the way now that way I don't have to every worry about it.


Yes transfers are this week.  I get a new companion tomorrow.  I will tell you about him on Monday.  I am staying in my area for now.  Maybe next transfer I will leave.  That is all I know about transfers for now.  I haven't gotten a package from you guys yet, but mail run is tomorrow at transfer meeting.  The baptism was at our church.  I think most of the churches over here have a font.  I baptized Michael Adriono.  A lot of his family are really strong members.  This week we mainly worked in Bagong Barrio which is around my house, and over in Protrero which is over by our bishop.  It is like working in our neighborhood and in the new nieghboorhoods down on Tenth West and over on Hollow Road.  That is about the size of the area we worked.  The buses are expensive here and they are more for long distance.  Yeah we are still working with him(the chicken coop guy) he is doing really well.  He still drinks but not nearly as much or as often, so we are working on that.  He is a really cool guy and he is really funny. I have a ward directory but no map yet I am working on that.  For exchanges. it depends on if I know my area or if they know their area if we both know it then its where ever we want to go.  Most of the time I stay in my area.

Thanks for the Pictures

Love Elder Hatch