Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Good Week

The work is good. I am always busy.  In working all the time I am always tired and the time is flying.  This transfer is almost over.  

I had to give a workshop in district meeting, which is just like a lesson.  I taught on how to study effectively.  It was really cool because I am still learning how to study and I am always improving, so in studying for the workshop, I learned a lot.  Afterwards I asked some of the elders what they thought and they said that it really helped them and that they were going to try some of the ideas I suggested.  Another thing that is kind of funny, is that I have a very hard time speaking in English.  I have met a few people that I had to teach in English and it is super hard.  Tagalog is easy to teach in.  My companion always makes fun of me because he can speak English better than me sometimes.  Another really cool thing was on Sunday we had a few appointments and we were supposed to have a dinner appointment at my ward mission leaders house.  Sunday was supposed to be a good day, but at church, our dinner appointment was canceled, so no food on Sunday.  But the Bishop invited us over for lunch so we went there and had Hawaiian food. It was good.  We go out to work and all of my appointments are pretty solid. I was worried that we were not going to have enough time to visit all of them.  We get to the area that we were going to work in and my first 6 appointments fall through in an hour. That includes back-ups.  My next appointment is not until 6:30, so I decided to go to the High Councilmen's house, because all his daughters are less active and are married to nonmembers, so it is a potential.  We show up and they have food ready so they feed us and we set up an appointment that we could come back and teach in a better setting.  Then we went to our 6:30, appointment and they tell us about someone they knew had a stroke. I didn't catch that it was our old bishop's son's girlfriend's mom.  Hope that makes sense.  Anyway, we were able to give her a blessing and it was a good experience.  The whole reason that our dinner appointment was canceled and all our appointment fell through was so we could talk with the  High Counselor and give that blessing.

It's been a good week.  I love the work.  I love you all.
Love Elder Hatch