Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year

The blog worked great, it was good to see all of you. (http://hatchinitup.blogspot.com/)  If you can you should send instructions on how to post pictures because then I can just post the pictures on there and you can look at all of them.  I have been taking a few more pictures but if I can post them on the blog it will be faster and easier.  They didn't really tell us if we could or not, but my trainer said as long as there is just church music I'm good.  We have a DVD player that acts as our CD player, so if you want to send some CD's, you can.  All the mail takes 3-8 weeks to get here. It doesn't matter if it is USPS or dearelder. It's anybodies guess as to when it gets here.  I haven't got any packages or mail yet but like I said it takes a while and mail run is every two weeks.  I don't know the exact address that is the best but is the post office on Nia Road, I think.  On New Year's Eve, we tried not to stay up to0 late but here everyone has fire works and they are not little.  Big fire crackers kept going off. They were super loud and at Midnight the whole sky lit up and it was like a war zone.  Fire works every where.  There was a thick cloud of smoke from Saturday till now. There is still a little remnant of the smoke.

This week wasn't the best week for teaching, because a lot of families are back in the province with there families.  Christmas and New Year's a lot of people get drunk so we had a few times we had interesting conversations with a drunk guy.  The other thing that didn't help our week was we went to the mission office and that took almost 5 hours to get there talk with President and get back to our area.  Also my companion was sick Friday so we didn't go out.  Oh, but I did go on my first exchanges this week.  I don't like them because I have to go to another area, teach people that I don't know where they are at and we stay the night at the other apartment, and I like my bed.  I did learn a lot from the other elders in the different ways they do things and some things we could improve on.  This next week will be a lot better. 

I'm doing fine.  I'm healthy and happy.  I'm working hard and having fun at the same time.  Keep having fun.

Love 

Elder Hatch